Friday, July 8, 2011

Stress

This house renovation stuff is quite stressful.  I've probably made it seem like everything is just rainbows and butterflies....but it isn't always like that.  There are so many things that you have to think about and make decisions on.....and most of the time we have no clue what to do!!!! Thankfully have great parents and friends to help us along the way!!  I can't sleep at night because I worry about stupid stuff like
"Where are my extra light bulbs going to go...in my laundry room, or in my linen closet?"
"Which towels are going in the master bathroom; the white, cream, or aqua?" 
"Am I going to keep all my earrings in a cabinet, or set them out?"
"When all my clothes don't fit in the closet, am I going to put the others in the guest rooms or let Brian use those closets for his hunting clothes?"
 "The bathroom has three drawers, do I take two and give Brian one, or do I give him two, or should we each get one and put wash cloths in the other?"
What I have determined is that I have serious mental problems and need to get a life and worry about real, important things.
 Today I spent an hour walking through every room counting how many electrical outlets and light switches there are because we are replacing all the electrical outlet facing.  I thought this would be an easy job, but once I started I realized that there are all different kinds.  Some light switches turn on up and down, and others go left and right, some lights have dimmers, and some outlets have light switches too!!!! ahhhh!!!! My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder kicked in and I started making lists.  This is what I ending up with



I got this master list put together and it worked out great when I got to the supply store and they loaded up a box for me.  Now what I am worried about is Brian swtiching all these outlets out! He is acting like he does this for a living.....and then tells me later that he actually hasn't ever done this!! great

I have been trying really hard not to buy anything for the house yet since I really don't know where any furniture is going or what art is going where.  This has been difficult for me though, I always like to be prepared.  But I really don't want to buy a piece of furniture for a specific spot, and then it not work out, so I think I will be thankful later on.

My mom has been in Highlands, NC for a week and I drove up there for a night to do some "browsing."


I found this awesome cabinet that I would use in our den to put our TV on.........but I didn't buy it.


And I found this awesome pair of chairs that I would recover and put in our bedroom.......but I didn't buy them.


I also found this fabulous island that would be perfect in our laundry room........but I didn't buy it.

Brian is I am so proud of my self control!

I got a little discouraged this week though.........we were planning on moving into the house as soon as the floors were done, even if we didn't have a kitchen.  But then we found out the floors were not going to be treated until our kitchen was done, so we still have like another two or three weeks!!! I work at an elementary school, and we go back the first week of August so I was really hoping we would be in before that........but I'm not so sure that is going to happen :(  oh well......

2 comments:

  1. well, i'm not sure about all the other stuff, but you should FOR SURE put your earrings out...I have my necklaces, bracelets and earrings on my dresser. It looks so fun!!! I'll text you a pic of it when it's not 12:15am!!! Maybe we'll see you tomorrow at Mark's Birthday party. Ellie misses her Callie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we have been in moving mode for a bit now, I can relate to some of this. I especially like the 3 bathroomm drawer dilemma!! Coming from a "more mature" (NOT old!) and longer married gal, I say reality is -- you get 2, he gets 1! Being so nice goes by the wayside when bathroom drawsers are at stake!!
    Whit's Mama B.

    ReplyDelete