Thursday, October 18, 2012

Exterior Makeover

Since the day Brian and I moved into this house, we've wanted to paint the exterior brick. It wasn't that we didn't like the way the house looked in its original state, we just wanted a change.  It's been a while since we've done a big project at the house...........and we forgot about THE ATTITUDES that come with a project!!!!  And so the arguing began.

house when we moved in, not that bad, just needs a little updating





I had the colors in mind that I thought would look good, so I picked up some chips at the paint store after doing lots of research on pinterest.



Then I got some samples and tested them out on the mancave


Brian told me beforehand that he really didn't care what colors.....then he came home and saw this.

Brian: Oh wow....were you really thinking about painting the house white, I don't like that
Callie: You told me you didn't care, besides these aren't white they are cream.
Brian: What is this turquoise color, where is that going....ext. ext. ext....... 
You can image how this conversation went on.  So I started panicking and called in the Paint Guru.  aka Debbie, the lady with the magic van.

Debbie came to the rescue and pointed out to me that no other house in my neighborhood was painted this light and that it might look weird for there to all the sudden be a random white cream house.  She said it's important to stay consistent with the rest of your neighborhood. Good point Debbie.

So we started over.


Here is Debbie's magic assistant, Tyler (my bff), painting color options on the house.  We did this for 3 HOURS.  Every color turned a different color when it actually got on the house and we were sooo confused of what to do.  Then it got dark and Brian had to hold a spot light up so we could pick one.  It was kinda comical.

The next day at lunch we ran by the house to see what was going on.


Here is the back of the house after the tinted primer had been put on.  We were please so we told them to keep going! scary! ekkkkkkk!


Here it is during the process.  I was really hoping the neighbors didn't think we were keeping that horrible red roof! I kinda wanted to put a sign in the yard that said "NEW ROOF COMING NEXT WEEK" just so everyone wouldn't think we were crazy.  ps, our yard looks terrible...you can thank Hooch for that.

and here it is now!!!!!!








New roof, new paint...basically a new house!


What a difference!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment