Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Favorite Room

My favorite room in the house is the den/kitchen.  It's all one big room and is the heart of our home.  I've been waiting to post pictures because It wasn't quite fixed to my liking, but we've been working on it and it's definitely getting there.  Here is how this room looked when we bought the house...





and during the renovation process.....





and here it is now!!!!!!!!!!!!

(keep in mind, some of our cabinets and crown molding hasn't been painted, oh and we don't have face plates over the outlets and switches)








I love that I can cook right here and still be a part of the den


I got this painting on Etsy and then had it framed.


This coffee table was a wedding gift.  WE LOVE IT!


That's the Auburn game on the TV...War Eagle!
Gotta have some cheetah in a room.  Guess who arranged these shelves........that's right! My mother-in-law Shannon! 



This couch was the first thing I bought for my other house.  It had really crazy colored pillows and no back cushions, just lots of colorful pillows. That wasn't going to fly in this house, so these pillows were made and act as back cushions now.


I love the trim.


I was going to have some pillows made similar to these, but then my mom found them in St. Simons.  Thanks Greta.

A family friend of mine, Debbie Puckett, is an INCREDIBLE decorator.  She came over one day to show me some stuff.  She has this magical van, and stuff kept flying out of the back of it and into our house!


She saw this gray chair and thought of me.  It's a keeper, Brian loves it.  Gonna add a pillow some day.


Debbie also brought me these chairs. Then the stuff all the walls kept coming out of her magical van, it's nuts...she just has this stuff laying in the back!!!!!!  I LOVE THIS ARRANGEMENT.  It looks a lot better in person though.


The watercolor mountain scene is my favorite!


This gold lamp was also a wedding gift from Brian's cousins in Columbia, SC.  I'm obsessed with it.  My mom said she saw it in a decorating magazine the other day too!!!


And how awesome are these gray, retro lamps!!!


It got them for $15 dollars each (that's cheaper than T.J. Maxx)  at my cousins and uncle's store, Yard Sale Station, here in Gainesville.  Check them out on FACEBOOK.  My little brother furnished his whole college apartment from their store!  



Brian and I spend ALL of our time in this room.  I love the colors and the natural light that shines it.  Very happy with it!



2 comments:

  1. Callie, this looks great! I love the little shelf you made out of the old oven in the kitchen wall. It makes a perfect little nook. Love that couch and ikat pillows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been reading your blog for a while now and just wanted to say hey! and that your house looks great! :) cant wait to renovate my own one day, once we upgrade from an apartment

    ReplyDelete