Monday, August 8, 2011

Been a little busy...

I can't seem to find the time to walk around the house and take pictures of things.  I am going to do it tomorrow!!!! We've been attempting to get organized and trying to feel like we live in some sort of normalcy!!
We've hung a lot of pictures and plates and stuff.  You must know that Brian is a freak about hanging things on the wall .  He measures EVERYTHING and uses and level that has a laser on it....just to make sure.  As annoying as it is, everything always looks great and symmetrical (Brian gets this quality from his dad.....always gotta have symmetry).  Here are just a few so far....


I love this painting.  It was painted by a local artist and friend, Rhonda Brown.  She does really neat stuff.

measuring!!!

LASER!!


missing some crown molding up there....oops!
I bought these at an antique stores and I totally thought they were antique.....they aren't.....I've seen them in few stores.  Bummer, I still love them though!!








I was so excited to hang Brian and I's wedding invitation.  I just had it framed at the Purple House Gallery
here in gville.  I love working with Malia and Rachel, they are always able to come up with something awesome from my strange descriptions of what I would like I have a hard time getting my thoughts into words.  This time I told them I wanted rustic/chic (which is kinda an oxymoron) and I think they nailed it with the burlap and linen.  My invitation was one of my favorite parts of planning our wedding.  My cousin, David Roper, is an artist in Atlanta and he designed our leaf and acorn motif that we used throughout the wedding. 

I hope to have more to show you later!!! Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment