Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breakfast Room

Another room Brian and I re-did was the breakfast room I've never had breakfast in there.  It was more of a sunroom/porch area before but we decided to put our kitchen table in it instead.

Before it looked like this....  

sliding glass doors between the den and sunroom





We decided to take the sliding glass doors down, read about that HERE, and took up the carpet.  Under the carpet ending up being concrete,which is not ideal for laying hardwood on top of so that is where we got the idea for the brick pavers.  


This is a dark, not so great picture but here is what it was like during.

and here it is now!!!!






This piece came from an auction in Highlands, NC.  It is the perfect place to display some of our fabulous wedding gifts that we didn't get to do at the other house.



Brian surprised me on Christmas morning with this fantastic farm table that I had seen at an antique store.  We really wanted a farm table and when I saw this I knew it was perfect!!!! It was set up in his parents den when we got to their house that morning.  I was  so excited and very impressed  but later told him that he really screwed up by setting such a standard for Christmas gifts...he told me not to expect something like that again...it was a one time kind of thing. 


This was a good spot for our decanters, but I really want a bar cart here someday.

I have quite a collection of festive napkins a trait I inherited from my mom  and they were a disaster and needed to be organized.


The piece of furniture in the breakfast room has big, deep drawers and the perfect spot for all this junk.





I can also hide all my salt and pepper shakers in it too!!!


Brian and I were able to enjoy a nice boat cruise to the restaurant,Skogies, on the lake tonight.  MUCH NEEDED!!!

Back with more pictures later!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the H napkins! Still cannot believe your a Hughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hutch! I love the detail and you've arranged it so nicely.

    Thank you for linking to me in your earlier post (I guess you bought some brown transferware plates form me on Etsy). I blog about English transferware to, so come for a visit sometime.

    Your home is darling, you all are doing a great job! Lots of work but such fun it is and it's all worth it making a beautiful home.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete