Tuesday, June 14, 2011

waking up

every morning for the past month I have been waking up to this.....

When I look up

when I look across the room

hello bobcat

No, I'm not living in a tent in the woods.  This is my younger brother Jake's bedroom at my parents house.  They have so graciously allowed Brian and I to live with them during our renovation.  We are so grateful for their hospitality and opening their home for us Greta (mom) does our laundry everyday and folds it, we are living the life! 
I have a room here, but Jake has a much bigger bedroom, bathroom, and closet. (dont worry, he is in college, we didnt kick him out of his room.)

I do get a little freaked out everymorning though when I realize that half of deer's body is coming out of the wall above me. 

The house is coming right along.  Here are some pictures of what we have been working on:


after the particle  board was taken out with crowbars, I would clean up a mess like this and then pull up the black paper stuff.


It took a really long time to get all this particle board up.  You have to shove a crowbar underneath it until it breaks into small pieces.  It was really frustrating but it's all gone!!!


Brian taking down the dark curtains

We took down the sliding glass doors as well.  The doors were huge and so very heavy.
oh look!! ME WORKING AGAIN!


The metal frame ended up being one piece, and Brian got to use another power tool to take it out!



Look how open it is now!!! Back with more pictures later...and I am so excited because painting starts this week!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment