Saturday, June 4, 2011

Welcome to 1968

So basically this house was built in the 60's and decided to stay there.  The outside needs a lot of work, but we decided to tackle the inside first.  Let's take a little tour and you will understand what i'm talking about.

Here is the foyer with it's original paneling and wallpaper at it's finest.  I actually love the paneling and want to keep it and paint it.  Brian does not agree, but I won that battle and it will be staying ;)

One of the reasons I loved this house was because of it's wide hallways.  I think they are very welcoming.

And now we move onto the dinning room/living room.


This room cracks me up......I need someone to explain this track lighting to me, I really do not understand what the point of it is.......that will be coming down.  


Brian and I haven't really decided what we are going to do with this room yet, we aren't really "living room kinda people" so I suggested that we install a large disco ball in the center of the room and it could be our dancing room!!! Brian did not go for that, so I guess we will figure that out later...but....I'm just saying...I think it would be cool
ehow.com
This is definitely the strangest thing in our house.....


yes, that's an indoor charcoal grill.  The concept is a good idea, but I'm just really not sure how I feel about it staying in the house.  We have gone back and forth about what we could do with it and one idea was to take the grill out and brick up the rest and use it as a firewood box.  We also thought about installing a hibachi grill top....but that probably won't happen.  It's a mystery.

Here are a few more of the inside before..
Kitchen

den

den


 I Have run out of time....I will have to post the rest next time! enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment