Thursday, June 30, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

The inside of the house is painted!!!!! I had intended on posting these photos a few days ago......but we had a little set back.  My painters said everything would be done on Monday, so we Brian and I went over there to check it all out.....they told us they had bad news and that almost everything had to be redone!!!!!!! AHHHH  This meant delaying the hardwood floors (that were suppose to start Tuesday) which meant delaying me moving in!!!!!!!!

Why did they have to repaint everything you ask? Well, there were some old stains that the painter didn't see before and when the paint sat over the weekend, the stains began to bleed through. (by stain I mean old sheet rock or smoke stains) So we agreed to let them fix it and prime they walls that needed it again.  more and more $$$$$ !!!!


But they finished everything up today and here is the result............
You can't really see much because of the lighting.  We don't have a lot overhead lighting , we are "lamp light" people and we couldn't afford to have lights installed in every room



those are the hardwoods ready to be installed!



it's a grayish/ tan


we chose a cream color for the trim, not white, and I love how it turned out!


The laundry room did kinda turn into a "khaki box" Brian you were right  but the windows are gonna be spiced up with some cafe curtains made out of this




The dinning room walls are really more of a gray/blue. They look really blue here


Grass cloth wallpaper will go above the paneling here in the foyer

master bedroom

guest room 1

guest room 2

closet where my clothes are NOT going to fit
I'm super satisfied with everything and it LOOKS SO NEW AND CLEAN!!!! YEA!!!


There is Greta working again!!!!!!  She CANNOT stand for anything to be messy and she LOVES to use her blower.  This is giving her such joy.  She kept nagging me about cleaning up our driveway, but then she took care of it herself (thanks mom).  She wakes up every morning the blows off her outdoor room and area around the pool......IN HER NIGHTGOWN!!! It's a pretty intense habit.  she is probably really mad at me for talking about this


HELPFUL TIP FOR ALL YOU SMART PHONE USERS:
I downloading this great app today.  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dropbox/id327630330?mt=8
It's called drop box and it just saved me sooo much time!
All you do is download it to your computer, and then download the app to your phone and then you can automatically send pics and videos to a file on your computer. And it's FREE!  So now when I take pictures on my phone, I can send them instantly to my computer.  Pretty nifty.

I'm going to feel really dumb if everyone already knew about this app!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all your paint colors!! Saw the house last week and it looks awesome .. cannot wait to see the floors in and new island in kitchen ... and loving the fabric choices:)

    ReplyDelete