Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kitchen

I am probably most excited about the kitchen in our new house.  We felt like it already had great, sturdy cabinets so we decided to keep them and just get new doors.  What I love about the existing cabinets is that they go all the way to the ceiling, so you have maximum storage space.  I am really into gray right now so we are going to paint the lower and upper cabinets gray and the island a shade darker.  We are also having a new island built.
BEFORE

DURING


Here is what the kitchen looks like right now.  The floors are down to the sub floor and we took all the doors off.  We went back and fourth on whether or not to keep the vent hood.  I think it has a really neat shape, but it is also very large and kinda cuts the kitchen off from the den.  We really like open concept kitchen/dens, so we decided we will take it down and just add some pendent lights.  Brian removed the old desk and we are going to have a full length pantry built there.

Brian using his power tools and LOVING life
I didn't have an inspiration kitchen when we started this project, but I found this image last night and I thought it was a good representation of  what's in my head...
http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com
Our cabinet color is darker than this, but the sink, dishwasher, refrigerator, and island will be laid out the same way. I actually ordered industrial stools like that a few months ago and I am hoping to have some neat industrial looking pendents above the island too.  Keep in mind, this is not our inspiration kitchen, just a kitchen I like, ours will not be this nice ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment