Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lately

I've been a little M.I.A. Brian and I just got back from a great weekend in Chattanooga, TN for a dear friends wedding.  It was so fun seeing all my college friend's and catching up.  It was really nice taking a break from the house too!!!!



The paneling is down in the dining room!!!! We were so excited to find that there was sheetrock behind it! And now we are able to patch the paneling in the den with the paneling that came out of the dining room.  Aren't we so resourceful :) Our fantastic painter took care of all this for us and took down the horrible track lighting!  We are slowly moving into the 21st century.

I just spent an hour trying to find images of dining rooms that I like.....but I think I don't know what style I like yet....so I couldn't find one. But I did find this great laundry room!

wouldn't this be nice


There used to be a built in cabinet here in the den.  We randomly decided to tear it out and I'm glad we did because we found old water damage behind it!!! The paneling was nasty, but the painter was able to take the dining room paneling and fix it right up! You can't even tell it was there except for that large spot on the ceiling. I was a little reluctant about removing that cabinet because I was excited about the display shelves, but I think we will be able to arrange our furniture better now.  I was going to put a picture of Brian ripping it out, but he isn't wearing a shirt in the picture and he said I couldn't post it.  Thanks Brian.


THE CHARCOAL GRILL IS GONE!!!!!!!

This is what we plan on doing with it...

Ours will not look anything like this, but you get the idea...


The fireplace has been primed...


and the vent hood is gone!!! It is sooooooo much more open now! I've been shopping around for something to hang over the island (remember the island is going away and we are getting a new one soon).  I found this one at a local lighting store and I really like it




I'm not sure yet though.....I might want to go for single pendants.  I saw these while I was in Chattanooga at a restaurant and I like this look too.


I dunno what to do!!!  We also had the old light fixtures removed in the kitchen and laundry room and had some new, fresh can lights put it!!! So much better!


This post is long....I better stop now. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment