Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blank Canvas

The house is seriously becoming a blank canvas.  We have no floors, no window treatments, and all the intercom systems have been removed and patched up!

intercom
There was one of these in EVERY room and some were twice the size of this one!  They were such an eyesore, and the color is horrible!  Thankfully they came down easily and were patched up and soon you will never know they were there.

master bedroom
Our bedroom is so much brighter now that we have the curtains down and carpet out.  You can see the patch where the intercom used to be.  


Our bedroom is really big, but the windows and doorways were placed in not the best places so we were a little lost on where to place the bed.  I don't have a picture of the wall opposite of what's above, but it is a blank wall with the doorway to the bath on the far left side.  It is technically where the bed should go, but when you walk into the room you would hit the bed and there is not enough room for two bed side tables.  I HAVE TO HAVE TWO BED SIDE TABLES!!! So we have decided the best place is in front of the window in the picture above. I was a little hesitant at first because I've always heard to never cover a window, but after reading http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/ post today, I was definitely okay with it.

http://blog.urbangrace.com/2011/deep-breath/
I LOVE this bedroom.  It's very calm and I love the whites and creams.  Our linens remind me of this, but we plan on doing a big pop of color with the headboard in our new room.  I'm excited about this project and hope we can get started on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment